Thursday, June 17, 2010

Crock-Pot Super Easy White Bread



A friend of mine was making bread in a crockpot lately and telling me about it. I listened to her and went, "Aha! Here's an idea I can steal for my blog!" Luckily, I don't think she she reads this so hopefully she'll never know I stole her idea.

Whole Wheat & Oat Crockpot Bread
1 tablespoon yeast
1/4c warm water
1c warm milk (I used hazlenut milk)
1/2c rolled oats
1 tsp salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons honey
1 egg
1/4c wheat germ
2 3/4 cup whole wheat flour

Combine yeast and water in bowl and let sit ten minutes until foamy. While this is happening, place the empty crockpot on high to preheat. Find a metal or glass pan that fits into your crockpot and will hold a small loaf of bread and still cover the top.

Combine all ingredients into foamy yeast mixture. Knead until smooth and elastic.

Turn dough into pan and cover loosely with foil.

Pour 1/2 c water in slow cooker. Cover with a piece of foil.

Place bowl on watered foil in crockpot and bake on high for 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment