Saturday, January 30, 2010

Farm-Fresh Fridays - Piss Easy Cheese and Herb Muffins

Okay so my husband can't spell so I'm transcribing everything he's told me. His words? "So easy a boilermaker can do it!" Now remember, this man, while having grown UP on a farm, lived off generic brand frozen lasagne before meeting me. He's learning. Slowly, but hey, he's a man, what can I expect?

So my husband says that this recipe is perfect. Exactly 6 muffins and exactly 20 minutes. Says at 19 minutes it's too soft. Hm. Maybe if he wasn't checking it every minute it'd only take 18! Haha.3 cups flour
30g butter
1 tsp oregano and basil
1 tbsp fresh parsley
1/2 cup parmesan
1/2 cup mozzerella
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk

Preheat oven to 200c.
Place flour and butter in bowl and combine until like coarse sand. Add herbs and cheese. Stir. Combine eggs and milk in bowl then add to flour mix. Mix with fork until combined - do not overstir! Drop heaped spoonfuls into well oiled muffin trays.
Bake 20 minutes.

Served at a lovely homemade picnic with fresh butter on a Friday morning and made by a man, so you know it's easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment