Friday, October 28, 2011

Mango & Brazil Nut Bread

It's summer in the beautiful land where I live! That means, glorious Queensland being what it is, mango season is heavily upon us and I am a glutton for a glut! I always get bored easily thus I never like to make too much of one thing for the home. I also always like to try new things - especially if I can get a deal on them! That's when I thought, "Why not mango bread?" and I Googled and, yes, mango bread is a thing. I combined a few recipes and this is the delicious thing I came up with:


2 c. plain flour
2 tsp bicarb of soda
5 whole cloves
1/4 tsp fresh grated nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 c. sugar
3 eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup melted butter
4c diced mango, separated into 2c batches
1/2c brazil nuts

Preheat oven to 180c.

Now I'm going to be naughty and tell you that I just chucked all the ingredients minus two cups of mango into the food processor and let it go until I could tell the brazil nuts were nice and finely chopped.

Butter or oil a loaf tin and fill with batter. Sprinkle remaining 2 cup mango on top and stir in with a spoon for two seconds.

Bake for 40 minutes or until risen and sandy yellow-brown all over.

I served this with mango rosemary jam, which I will provide a recipe for tomorrow! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment